Sunday, March 21, 2010

Week in review

Here's a recap of last week's training. It was an easy week because I ran a 10k last Sunday, and it marked my first week of replacing one of my cardio sessions with strength training and my first week of "official" 1/2 marathon training.

U- Shamrock Shuffle 10k 49:30
M- 45 min full body strength training + yoga
T- 6mi easy in 57:00 (9:30 min/mile) + yoga
W- 60 min spinning
R- 6mi easy in 56:43 (9:23 min/mile) + yoga
F- 45 min full body strength training
S- 10 mi long run in 1:31:31 (9:10 min/mile)

Which brings the grand totals to:
Strength training- 2x
Yoga- 3x
Running- 28.2 miles

Comments:
I'm pretty happy with everything this week. The race exceeded my expectations. My long run ended up being much colder and icier than I thought when I left, so I was happy with the pace overall (about 55 seconds per mile slower than my "A goal" pace) and how strong I felt when I finished.

In completely unrelated news, I think dinner last night was a success! Here's the "table scape" pre-guests:


No pictures during the actual dinner because... well... I still feel kind of awkward about doing that. Anyway, we had some nice conversation and after dinner entertainment from their little girl who is perfecting the art of smiling, flailing around, and rolling over. I really enjoyed putting the meal together, and I hope they will indulge me in the opportunity to do it again. Until then... I'm on the look out for my next culinary victims.

And that's about it. It's a beautiful day out, and I'm going to enjoy it one way or another. See you on the flip side.