Monday, March 22, 2010

And back we go

The weekend always goes by too quickly. Just when I feel like I've got everything done and can chill out, it's time to go back again. Not sure how today will pan out as the big boss is back from a trip last week, but we have a collaborator coming into town, and then big boss x 2 are going on vacation for awhile.

Otherwise, yesterday was beautiful, and the rest of the week should be, too, which kind of makes up for Saturday. Yesterday afternoon I practiced piano, did some yoga, made a Target run, and went to youth group. If I haven't said it before, sophomores are a fun age. They are old enough to not be too obnoxious (for the most part), but they aren't old enough to be too cool and not listen. Well, they were kind of obnoxious at the beginning of the year, but they've gotten waaaaay better as time has gone on. We've been talking about some pretty serious "teen issues" like depression and addiction the last couple weeks, and my group has been able to maintain about 10 - 15 minutes of serious, reflective discussion each time. This is a big improvement on the beginning of the year especially the infamous Pokemon night when I couldn't get them to do anything but draw/watch each other draw Pokemon on the whiteboard.

Well, I'm off to the gym for some lifting action. Have a great Monday, all.