Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Something old

I've been struggling with what to write about this morning. I started with work (too whiny), other personal life stuff (too boring), and running (also boring- even to me), so I'm going to share two things- one old book and one old movie- that I've enjoyed lately.



Treasure of the Sierra Madre - Not to be confused with High Sierra or Sahara (we checked out all three from the library to make sure we got the right one). Treasure of the Sierra Madre is a1948 Humphrey Bogart movie (set in 1925) about 3 drifters who set off into the mountains in Mexico to find gold. It's both an action movie and explores the psychological side of greed and how much is "enough" (I'm pretty sure I wrote the second half of that sentence in an English essay once). I'd definitely recommend it if you're into old movies, or you're looking for a freebie to check out from the library.



Breakfast at Tiffany's - Wow, what a great story! This was another "oh, I've heard of this" selection at the library Friday evening. 5 pages into it and I was hooked. I can't wait to finish, and I'm planning to request the movie to watch this weekend. If you've never read/seen it, it's the story of mysterious, glamorous "socialite" Holly Golightly. It's such a short story (only about 110 pages) that I can hardly say more without giving away too much. I definitely recommend it because 1. It's very entertaining, and 2. It's one of those stories that "everyone knows about" so it's probably good to know about it, too.

Otherwise yesterday was a normal day. I made mushroom and red pepper pizza for dinner, but we inhaled it before I could take a picture.

Today is another normal day. Run 7mi with 10x1min fast, work, yoga, practice piano, cook dinner, finish Breakfast at Tiffany's, and hopefully a little bit of an early bedtime. Have a good Tuesday, all.