Sunday, April 11, 2010

Week in Review- Going to Seattle Edition

Friday at work I found out that my abstract (and the abstracts of two coworkers who submitted them) were accepted for posters at the Society for Epidemiologic Research conference in Seattle this year.  Now I can take the (hopefully) because it is firmly in list of things I'm looking forward to.  Not only am I interested in the material presented at the conference, I'm excited that we will be near the touristy area and able to sneak in a trip to the Space Needle and Pikes Place Market in the after-conference house.

Now to the running week in review:
U- 5mi easy.  Not sure how long it took because I didn't bring my GPS.  Yoga
M- 7mi with 4x 3min hard, 2 min easy.  Didn't do my best job pushing myself through the intervals, but I'll have a chance to make up for it this week.
T- Strength training.  Yoga
W- 7mi progressive tempo.  Much better than last week.  I hit or was faster than all my prescribed paces.
R- 5mi easy.  Didn't take my watch again.
F- 12.5 mi long run in 1:58:30.  It took me a long time to feel warmed up during this run.  I was off pace by about 30 sec/mile compared to my normal long run pace, but I chalked it up to it being cold and early.  It was still in the long run pace range according the the McMillan running calculator.
S- Strength training.

Bringing the totals to:
Running: 36.5 mi
Strength training: 2x
Yoga: 2x

Not too much more to say about this week.  It had it's high points and low points, but it was a good training week all in all.  I'm still feeling healthy and motivated to run, which is good.

On the other hand, my schedule is still all out of whack.  I never got a nap yesterday, and we were eating dinner last night at 9pm.  I was back up at 5am to get in a run before church, and I have a TON of stuff to get done today: Church, meeting about our summer trip to Mississippi, bake two cakes for the desert fundraiser on Tuesday evening, and be back at 5pm for youth group.  Wish me luck!  Definitely no nap this afternoon.

Hope you all have a great Sunday.