Sunday, April 18, 2010

Week in Review- Ben Franklin Edition

Why Ben Franklin?  Because I was early to bed last night (although not so early to rise).  I was in bed reading at 7:30pm, asleep by 8:30pm, and  I didn't get up until almost 6:20am.  After more than two straight weeks of getting less than 8 hours of sleep every night (and no naps), I had some serious sleep debt to pay, and it felt so so so good to sleep in.  Part of the reason I got to sleep in is not so good, though.  My right shin was really bothering me yesterday/last night, and I made an executive decision not to run today.  It's probably just tight, and seems to benefit from Advil, stretching, and icing, but I thought at this point my normal Sunday easy 5 miler would probably do more harm than good.  So instead I'm planning to hit the gym with D today.  I'll re-evaluate the shin situation tomorrow and either run or elliptical depending on how it goes.

Week in review:
U- 5mi easy in 47:17 (9:28 pace), yoga
M- 8.5 mi with 3 hill repeats in 1:18:45 (9:16 pace)
T- Strength training
W- 8mi tempo in 1:12:11 (9:02 pace).  20 min easy at 9:33 min/mile, 15 min moderate at 8:24 min/mile, 5 min moderately hard at 7:42 min/mile, 5 min hard at 7:19 min/mile.
R- 5mi easy in 49:15 (9:51 pace), yoga
F- Strength training
S- 12.5mi in 1:53:30 (9:05 pace)


Brining the grand totals to:
Miles run: 39
Strength: 2x
Yoga: 2x


This was a big week for me on top of a lot of weeks of building, which I think contributed to my shin pain.  This week will be a cut back week in preparation for my 8k race on Saturday, and the next week will also be a cut back to recover from that race and get ready for the 20k the next week.


Otherwise I just have normal Sunday chores to do.  It's a beautiful day, and I'm looking forward to planting starting some new seeds in the garden.  Have a great Sunday, all!