Monday, April 19, 2010

Little pretty ones

The first signs of life are appearing in the garden!

Tiny baby spinach

baby lettuce

and baby onions

We've now almost filled up the "cold weather" crop region of our garden plot.  There's room for one more planting of lettuce and one more planting of *probably* onions.
 

May 1 is the magic date for plants that don't need it to be hot hot hot (like tomatoes), but don't do well with cold.  So in a few weeks we'll be adding in things like cucumbers, the sweet potatoes currently residing in the windowsill, and broccoli plants.

After gardening, D and I hit the gym for strength training.  I'm happy to report that after taking yesterday off from running, my shin feels completely better.  I'm going to test it out on an easy run today, but if everything feels okay, I'll do one last speed session tomorrow before the race Saturday.

Dinner was an old favorite:

Then we had our second to last youth group for the school year.  Not quite sure if I'm happy or sad about that yet!  

Last, but certainly not least, I want to give a huge good luck shout out to MarathonMaiden and everyone else running Boston today.  Enjoy the fruits of your hard work!