Saturday, April 17, 2010

11pm

Is way past my normal bedtime, but it's nice to make exceptions sometimes.  D and I plus a couple co-workers and another significant other walked over to State St.- the main UW drag- for dinner after work at the always-delicious Husnu's.  Then we were on the the UW Madison spring band concert.  The first half of the concert was great.  Lots of fun music and rah! rah! rah! Wisconsin and some really talented guest stars, including a guy who played the accordion and a professor from NIU who played the steel pan.  But then we came back from intermission and things got weird.  Let's just say reenacting sections of Miss Saigon accompanied by marching band is not a crowd pleaser.  The concert ended up lasting 3 hours! with intermission, which is too much band, even for me.  Had it lasted for 2 hours with no intermission, I would be signed up for next year already, but I dunno... I'm still a little shell shocked.  Anyway, we had good company and I'm glad we went out and did something different.

Needless to say, I slept in a bit this morning.  I think this is the first time I've slept until 6 in a few weeks.  I'd love to say it was luxurious, but since I didn't get to bed until almost midnight, it feels about the same as every other day.  But it was important to get up because I'm headed out for my last long run before the 20k I'm doing May 1st.  Next week I have an 8k race, and I'm not one of those people who can run 10 more miles after a race or do a long run the day after.  Racing really wears me out!  Anyway, I'm planning on somewhere between 12.5 and 14 miles depending on if I want to tack a small loop on to the end of the run.  It's 35 with gusty winds (not my favorite running conditions) but it's sunny, which makes up for it somewhat.

Today will be partly a chore day and partly a fun day.  Provided I get back and cleaned up in time (need to hurry!), we are going to a community hymn sing at the Overture Performing Arts Center downtown.  Then D is going to work, and I'll make a pilgrimage to take back the cable box and go to the grocery store. Well, I better get going here.  My goal was to get out of the house by 7:30 and it's 7:27 right now.  Have a great Saturday, all.