Friday, April 16, 2010

Live, my beautiful creation

News flash from the windowsill; my sweet potato plants are starting to sprout.  The roots started growing a little while ago


 And now the vines are starting to sprout.


I'll have to consult the garden book, but these guys ought to be able to go in the garden pretty soon.  In just a couple weeks we'll be in May and relatively free from the risk of frost.

In other food news, we tried a new Trader Joe's product last night: Tokyo-style soba noodles.


We added chicken and broccoli


There's actually quite a bit of food in the box- enough for two very hungry people or two not-so-hungry people and a lunch for the next day.  The sauce was flavorful and definitely not heavy like a lot of grocery store Asian sauces.  It actually had kind of a lemony flavor in some bites.  This is something we definitely plan on buying again until they randomly discontinue it.

Tonight's excitement is going to the UW Marching Band spring concert.


I was in marching band in high school and for my first two years at UF, so I have a special place in my heart for it.  Plus, after listing to them practice outside my window at work for two football seasons now, it's time to hear them in concert.

Well, time to roll out and do some strength training.  Between yesterday's easy 5mi and my rest day today hopefully I'll be ready to tackle 14 tomorrow morning- my longest run in a really long time.

Enjoy your Friday!