Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sold!

Reach Feast was fun last night, and I think (hope) it was very successful for the missions it supports.  I was amazed by how many people showed up and what was donated.  You could bid on a weekend storm chasing trip, an hour of skateboarding with the junior pastor, the 2007 and 2008 Holiday Barbies, shooting lessons, life coaching, a ride in a 1960-something race car, clothes, jewelry, art (some of it actually good!), all kinds of gift baskets, and even a wooden canoe someone had made.  We didn't bid on anything or stay to see who won, but it was quite the production.

As far as deserts go, I was able to try a bit of my red velvet cake, but they didn't put out the pineapple upside down cake until after we'd left.  The red velvet cake was good, but it definitely tasted like it had been made two days ago (which it had... I didn't have much choice about that).  I've already promised D that I'll make another for his birthday in June, though, and judging from the comments about the pineapple upside down cake, I'm going to have to make that one again as well.  I didn't try anything else because I just wasn't in a sweets mood, but D tried a few other desserts and said they were all tasty.

Otherwise not too much else is going on.  Work has been very quiet lately... too quiet.  I'm actually starting to crank through some projects that have been lingering in the queue rather than just dealing with things as they are thrown at me.  I think I overheard that the big bosses have something going on this Friday which has kept them occupied.  We have a staff meeting this morning so maybe we'll find out about it then.

Well, I'm off to crank through another tempo run.  I can't believe it's 48 degrees out already and it's supposed to get up to 80 again today.  Hope you all have a great Wednesday!