Friday, April 9, 2010

Living up to my name

This is the first of two super early mornings I get to do this week.  Tomorrow I have to be at church at 5:30am to set out breakfast food and clean up after the youth group lock in.  Knowing that I am not going to feel like doing my long run after spending 3 hours cleaning pizza off the walls, I'm up early to do it this morning before work.  The goal is to be out the door and on my way by 5:30, which really isn't too bad.  It's the part where I have to get up at 4am to do all the quiet time/wake up activities I need to be ready to run.

I have 12.5 miles on the schedule which, with the .5 mile walk back up the hill to my apartment, takes about 2 hours.  If I jump in the shower, inhale some breakfast, and jump on the bus, I think I can definitely still be at work by 8:30.  We'll see.  Hopefully traffic won't be too bad on campus as I'm finishing up.

 Otherwise it's back to being chilly here.   It's 32 degrees right now (although Weather Channel says no wind, which is wonderful!).  I heated up some leftover Cincinnati chili (recipe in sidebar) for dinner last night.  No picture because we were both starving at dinner time and inhaled it immediately.

And that's all I've got.  The sooner I get out the door on this one, the better.  Enjoy your Friday.  Any fun plans for the weekend?