Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sucked in

When I really enjoy one book by an author, I tend to get "stuck" on him or her and read everything I can get my hands on.  I think this has been true for me and

The problem I run into is that I'm not a book re-reader, so I check everything I read out from the library, and sometimes you have to wait for a loooooong time to get new releases.  So I know I haven't read the most recent (and maybe even two or three most recent) thing each of these authors has written (except ACD who's done me the favor of being dead).

But this has been rectified in one case.  I got a lovely e-mail from the library system that my request for

was ready to be picked up.  I was #200-something on the list when I requested it, and I wasn't sure if I'd get it before we left Madison, but now it's mine!  All mine!  For the next two weeks anyway.  As if I weren't going to finish it in a huge reading binge this weekend.

So who are your favorite authors?  What series can you not get enough of?

My run yesterday was pretty good.  All my 2 min fast intervals were in the low 7min/mile range (one in the high 6's!!).  I wish all of them were below 7min/mile pace, but sometimes I feel like it's hard to get up to and maintain that speed in such a short interval.  Anyway, just a few more easy runs this week (6 today, 4 Friday) before the race Saturday.  

Ooooh, and on a side note- the weather for Saturday seems to be improving.  We've moved from showers starting on Friday to starting on Saturday.  And the rain on Saturday is now just "showers" instead of "thunder showers."  Let's hope the rain gets pushed back another day (or heck, even until the afternoon).

Last night's dinner was another winner: tofu with baby broccoli and rice.  I baked (and pressed) the heck out of that tofu, and I'm proud to say it was crunchy and not "flabby".

The only thing I would have done differently is either use a sauce with more fat in it (I used Trader Joe's General Tso's) or put a little oil on the tofu before I put it in the oven to up the crunch factor even more. 

That's it for me.  Have a great Wednesday, all!