Here's a map our our route:
View Larger Map
The plan is:
- Drive over to Minneapolis for a concert Saturday May 15
- Leave early May 16 and drive from Minneapolis across WI and the UP to Sault Ste. Marie, MI.
- Spend May 17 in Sault Ste. Marie
- Leave early on the 18th and drive to Toronto
- Spend the 19th - 21st in Toronto
- Drive to and visit Niagara Falls on the 22nd. Then start the trip back heading south through New York, south of Lake Erie
- Continue toward home on the 23rd possibly stopping at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland
- Arrive home on May 23 or 24th.
We are trying to hit all the Upper Midwest stuff we probably wouldn't get back to if we don't do it now, plus go to Canada because neither one of us has been there yet. Obviously I'm pretty excited. I can't believe it's only a month away!
I also had a really good tempo run yesterday. I did another progressive tempo, but I did it a little bit differently this week. I had an easy 20 min warm-up (9:36 min/mile), then 15 minutes moderate (8:23 min/mile), 5 minutes moderately hard (7:42 min/mile) and 5 min hard (7:19 min/mile). I was a little worried about this run when I started because I felt really sluggish during the warm-up, but obviously I was able to pick it up later. I love feeling my body wake up as I'm running in the morning!
Otherwise things are pretty normal. We had a nice dinner last night: mushroom stuffed chicken (recipe in sidebar) with egg noodles and a side of broccoli. Obviously I made way too much stuffing so it became topping as well. I was only able to finish half the chicken so it will be a nice change from a turkey sandwich for lunch for me today.
And with that, it's time for me to head out for an easy run. I'm loving this warm weather, and I hope it stays because the weather here has been nothing if not variable. Two Thursdays ago it was 80 degrees, last Thursday it snowed, and today it is supposed to be 80 again!