Saturday, February 20, 2010

You win some...

Well, Asian Express was a bust. We were under the impression that it was a sit-down restaurant, but it was really a take out place with a table. As far as I can tell, only one woman was working there (both up front and in the kitchen). The food was okay, but not what we were expecting. Oh well. At least we have leftovers for dinner. There was a Italian/Mediterranean place next to it that looks promising (because there were actually people eating there).

The other bust is running outside. Even though it's not snowing now, we got a few inches last night and nothing is plowed. I'm waiting until before lunch to run so maybe I'll change my mind before then, but probably not. It's not actually very cold out, but I'm still afraid of slipping and falling. What I really ought to do is put on my grippers and just take it slow and easy. I'm really not pumped up about running inside again today.

Although when I checked the weather forecast a few days ago, it was calling for



it's now calling for



today through Wednesday with a winter storm warning for Sunday night. Fun stuff. I think we've gotten more snow this February (at least snow more times) than the rest of the winter combined. When will it be OVER????? And the answer is... in May. Gah!

Work was good yesterday in that I finished something that had been hanging over my head for a long time, plus I tweaked a lot of things in the system that should hopefully make this process run more smoothly. And just in time, too, because I have two new "gotta get it done now" projects waiting for me on Monday.

So back to today. I'm planning a chill day with piano, yoga, running a little later, some Olympics watching and blanket crocheting perhaps?, and talking to mom and dad. The usual Saturday suspects. Have a great Saturday, all.