Saturday, February 13, 2010

Worth it

I'm tired and sore... I'm not sure that none toes froze off... but going to the dance was totally worth it. Yeah, there were a lot of high schoolers getting one more wear out of a prom dress, but there were older people too, and we went with a group so we brought our own party.


So now you know I ended up choosing dress D.

We started with dinner at the Great Dane and headed over for the dance around 8:30pm. It was a little lame until the band started playing at 9pm. The music at all of my high school dances were done by a DJ, but having the interactive element with the band made it a lot more fun. Plus because most the members in the band actually do the music at church on Sunday, you felt like you "knew" them. They played a good mix of old and new stuff to keep everybody happy. At 11pm, we were all pretty tired and ready to call it a night. Why do so many songs require jumping?

Now I'm taking this morning slow and easy. I slept in until 7:30am and am not planning to run until before lunch. Yes, I like to keep myself on a regular schedule, but I'm working on convincing myself sleeping late and running late one weekend morning won't ruin everything. Otherwise this weekend I have some errands and chores to do, but I want to take at least a little chill out time. Yoga and piano are also on the list. I think part of my problem is that (and I'm sure I'm not alone) I have a hard time transitioning from work mode to weekend mode. It's hard to get back in the swing of things on Monday, but by Friday I'm still ready to work the next day so I'm feeling a little anxiety about all the things on my work "to do" list that are waiting for me Monday. BUT I know that mixing work and weekend time is counterproductive. Let work time be for work and rest/recharge time be for resting and getting ready for the week to come.

Well, I'm going to go make a good-faith effort at relaxing + being productive. Happy Saturday, all.