Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sleepy

Although I am (fortunately) not on some crazy sleepless schedule like Sara, I don't have the super human ability like Matt to stay up late every night and still get up at 5am. I love being up early, but it's pretty much impossible to insure that I'll be asleep 8 hours before 4:50am (really 4:30am when the alarm goes off for the first time- not that I even hear it anymore), and the ball of accumulated sleep debt continues to pick up a little more as it rolls through each night. So it's Thursday, and I'm starting to feel tired. And (unless I can get out of it, which is a distinct maybe) I have to get up earlier tomorrow to run before a conference call at work and at my normal weekday time Saturday so we can go to a class D wants to attend that starts at 8:30am. Now I'm sounding whiny. I'm lucky that I have a normal 8-5 job that doesn't interfere with sleep time, but there's so much to do everyday (and that I want to do everyday) sleep just gets nudged back, and I feel myself getting just a little more easily tired/cranky/frustrated every day with no end in sight because it's not some temporary schedule... it's my whole life... and I don't even have kids yet! I don't know how parents do it.

Anyway, I had a nice recovery day at spinning. Next week the class is going to have an "anti-Valentines Day" theme, which should be fun. Today will be 8mi on the treadmill with some fast stuff near the end perhaps.

Dinner last night was finally worth photographing. We had shrimp tacos, which I think has been featured in every Cooking Light since the magazine's first edition.
We ate these guys with salad and the very last of a bag of tortilla chips left over from regulation college football season.



Work effort yesterday? About a C. Not horrible, not great, and I know I really could do better. I've made a list of my "must do before the weekend" tasks that I want to have done so I can enter the weekend with a clear conscience. Hopefully that will motivate me to get those checked off.

And that's all I've got. Happy Thursday!