Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday!

First off, thanks for the feedback on Costco. We may stop by this evening to check it out after dinner since we will be out that way. If I could buy salad in bulk (we eat A LOT of salad) and get a good deal on meat then I'd be happy. Both of those things are kind of expensive at Trader Joe's, which is where we buy pretty much everything else. I think (hope) if we go on a Friday evening it won't be slammed like it would on a weekend afternoon.

As for the bike picture... I just feel bad for it. It's poor breaks are going to need some serious work. But, it's really fun to kick those icicles off. And because it's been getting warm pretty much every afternoon, snow drips off the roof and onto the bike, and they keep growing back.

I'm planning to run 6-8mi easy this morning. The verdict on the treadmill is that it's either running slightly slower or I had a good run yesterday. I'm not sure which I'd rather it be. In any case, I think I've come to terms that it is what it is, and I'm happy to have it. It makes my life a lot easier/more pleasant this time of year.

HOWEVER, I realized that I have a race in about 2 weeks that will not be on the treadmill so I'm going to have to get myself outside at least a couple times before that! But it's 14 (feels like 3!) and dark and... so many excuses. Looks like our daytime highs are going to be in the upper 30's all next week (heat wave!), but the overnight temps are still kind of chilly.

Tonight is dinner out night. We're planning to go to Oliva, which was the busy/popular restaurant we saw next to the flop restaurant we went to last week. It has some good reviews online, and I admit to being very curious about the dish The Imam Fainted (check out the dinner menu).

Hope you all have a great Friday!