Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Treadmill Fatigue

Another day of - - - - showing as the outside temperature on our digital thermometer; another morning on the treadmill. Probably 5 or 6 miles with some bursts of speed. I'm counting down to Friday when I'll be able to run outside again (in shorts! in FL!), and next week is looking much warmer with highs in the upper 20s. (I can't believe I just wrote that!)

My first day of work after the break went smoothly. I have a lot of stuff to do, but I feel confident that I can finish everything that needs to be done before I leave again.

After work I tried out one of my Christmas gifts for the first time- the Dave Swenson Yoga Short Forms DVD. I did the 30 minute practice, and it was great. You do sun salutations, standing postures, seated forward bends, twists, back bends, shoulder stand, and a couple strength poses. This is a great DVD for people who know how to do yoga but are super inflexible anyway. The only thing that's a little weird about it is that there's no music- just him talking.

Well, I've got to run... I'll be living vicariously through all of you who get to run outside this morning.