Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ths switch has flipped

In the last week I've made the transition from "Ugh, I don't want to run on the treadmill" to "Ugh, I don't want to run outside." Although I definitely remember this happening last year, I think visiting Tennessee and Florida are partly to blame. When I'm here I can ease into the winter and it doesn't seem *that* bad, but when I get a little taste of what it's like to run somewhere that's so.much.nicer it's hard to go back out in the deep freeze.

Last night I put out both my outside and inside clothes hoping that I'd psych myself up to go outside. I just checked Weather Channel so I could say, "Well, it's 20- I can handle 20" and go out, but it's 8 (air temp) so I feel justified treadmilling again. I just need to find something to watch besides Haiti and Ted Kennedy's senate seat election commentary.

Since I posted kind of late yesterday I don't have much more to update. The recipe we tried yesterday was binder-worthy. It was another one from last month's Real Simple: Huevos Ranchers.



I probably let the eggs cook a little too long and the beans and salsa not long enough. Overall, it was a winner though. And so easy and fast. We ate it with tortilla chips and green salads.

Well, off to the hamster machine.