Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lab Assignments, Tuesday 6/23

Don't you love it when you're trying to fill in a box and the computer gives you all kinds of helpful suggestions? I had no idea what I was going to title this post so I decided to let good old HP take this one.

And that sets the mood for this entire post. Not much to report. 6mi on the treadmill yesterday. Today will be 3.5 with some elliptical to round things out. Tomorrow is *hopefully* 9 and 5 on Friday. Normally I don't try to cram so much running together, but D and I are going to a retreat for youth leaders this weekend, and I know I'll have no opportunity to run when we're there. I was hoping to get outside for my longer run tomorrow, but the forecast says "icy" so I'll probably be back on the 'mill. I'd do it today, but I don't have time because we have a staff meeting 1st thing in the morning.

To the people who suggested I do some quality TV watching when I'm treadmilling: I'd love to, but I'm totally at the mercy of what is on at 6am (mainly infomercials, the news, and reruns of Landscape 911) because we don't have TIVO/DVR, my MP3 player only plays music, and my phone only makes phone calls. I guess I could try to figure out how to hook the computer up to the TV so I could watch things on Hulu, but honestly that sounds like a gigantic pain because the computer and all its wiring are in another room. Okay, everybody feel sorry for me now ;).

After 3 good recipes from Real Simple, last night's dinner was a flop. I don't think it was the recipe's fault. It was for meatloaf, and I didn't do a good job mixing the ingredients thoroughly and spreading it thin enough on the pan. It tasted okay, but it didn't cook evenly and it looked pretty gross. I'm not planning to keep this one because we have a slow cooker meatloaf recipe that works well, and how many meatloaf recipes do you really need?