Saturday, January 2, 2010

I'm back! It's cold!

After a very early morning and a long drive, we arrived home in Madison a little after 4:30 yesterday. We were blessed by the weather, traffic, and "right way on the interstate" gods, and it took us 1.5 hours less to get home than it did to drive to TN.

We had an early dinner, grabbed some necessities at Target, and headed home to unload the car and check the mail. After everything was looked at and put away I collapsed in a puddle in front of the TV to watch the Sugar Bowl. About 10 minutes later, I decided I could leave it in the Gators' capable hands and went to bed. Plus I'm not sure I could have listened to 3.5 hours of Urban Meyer speculation and Tebow worship (his own camera... seriously???). But I'm glad I woke up to find we'd trounced Cincinnati.

As a side note, I grew up a Florida State fan so it was nice that Bobby Bowden won his last game. It was time for him to step down, but he had a lot of amazing years there.

In a few minutes I'm going to hop on the treadmill for my first run of 2010. I pulled out all my warm weather outdoor running gear, but it's -5 air temperature (feels like -19), and I'm not crazy so treadmill it is. Plus this time next week I'll be in Florida!!! running outside in shorts!!!!

I did a little blog reading while I was away, but I like to make my vacations as much a detox from the computer as I can. I'm looking forward to catching up on all of you and hope you had a great holiday season.