Thursday, January 7, 2010

Leavin on a Jet Plane

At least I hope so... We got an inch or two of snow last night, and it's continuing to fall. Our flight isn't scheduled until 3pm, and right now it's hard to tell if that's bad or good. We have a layover in Milwaukee, which seems okay compared to say... St. Louis... but who knows. I've never done the whole flying in snow thing before so it's a little scary. Fortunately we have lots of reading material and trail mix to keep us occupied should we get delayed.

Going to head to the gym this morning for 3x1mi slightly slower than 5k pace. I re-calibrated our treadmill a few evenings ago, so hopefully I can get it to feel more like running outside, but I'm going to wait for an easy run to check and see how it's doing.

My mom called last night and sounded pretty excited about our visit. She planned a get-together for relatives on her side of the family, and it sounds like a lot of them will be able to make it. Even though I felt a little bad taking more vacation right after I got back, I'm really glad I'm able to go. I haven't seen many of those people since my wedding, and who knows when I'll be able to see them again.

Posting will be sporadic if at all because- well- I don't like using the computer on vacation. Stay warm out there, everyone.