Saturday, January 16, 2010

I could get used to this 3-day week thing

Three day week... three day weekend. Sounds good to me. Actually I've always thought that a 4 day work week with 3 days off- either 3 in a row or broken up so you would work M,T, off W, work R, F, off S, U would be perfect. Not that I don't like my job, but it seems like I need both days off just to get all my "around the house" stuff done. Three days off gives you one day to VEG. Sense and Sensibility and Seamonsters won't read itself, yo.

Due to overdosing on dinner I went to sleep fairly early last night, so I'm trying a schedule experiment this morning. I'm going to go to the grocery store right when it opens (at 8am), then hit the gym when it opens at 9am. It's colder than the inside of our fridge out right now, and I have an insulated bag for the freezer stuff, so everything should be cool (both literally and figuratively) while I squeeze in a tempo run.

While I had no problems running yesterday morning, there is still enough ice that I'm nervous to run fast. I have to spend too much time concentrating on the ground to do a good tempo run. Also because running on our treadmill (I need to keep looking into this) is so much harder than running outside (and the gym treadmill is a lot closer), I'm going to go to the gym to knock this one out.

Last night for our Friday night out we at dinner at Lombardinos. Even though it's close to us and has gotten rave reviews, we'd never eaten there before because a couple of my coworkers had panned it. Not sure why because we both thought our meals were delicious. D had the Caesar salad and the antipasti plate for his entree. I had a gorgonzola, pear, and walnut salad and the fig and ham pizza. The salad was huge and would have been enough for me by itself, but I ate a couple slices of pizza anyway so the waiter didn't think I was unhappy with it. Well, I overdid it for sure, but I still have a ton of leftovers for lunch/dinner this weekend. Mmmmm.