Monday, August 23, 2010

Week in Review - The Birthday Edition

Yep, it's my birthday and I'm not afraid to plaster it all over the blog to get a few extra comments.  Since the BIG birthday as still a few years away (I turned 28 today), we are just having a small get together at our house this evening.  Basically I wanted to have an ice cream cake without turning into this guy

 
Such a classic.

Anyway, here's the week in review:
M- Strength training, yoga
T- 8mi with 5x1000m at 10k pace
W- 6.5 easy, yoga
R- Strength training, yoga
F- 4 easy
S- 13.1 race
U- 5mi easy, yoga

This was an easy week leading into the race, which you can read all about in yesterday's post if you are so inclined.  This week I'm going to play it by ear as far as if and how much speed work to do and how long I plan to do my long run.  I was wiped out from the race Saturday- way more than when I did my 20 miler- so this week is operation recovery and get ready for the final few long runs before the marathon.