Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Thank you!

Thanks to everyone for the Happy Birthday wishes!  It was so nice to be remembered by so many people.  However, the grand prize goes to J+A for their blog post dedicated to my birthday.  Thanks, guys.  That was very sweet.  We had a few friends over for ice cream cake in the evening and I brought in bagels to work, but otherwise it was a low key day.

I did strength training yesterday morning, but I still feel like I'm recovering from the race on Saturday.  I'm planning to do 6-8mi with 3-4x 1mi at goal marathon pace or just easy depending on how I feel once I get going.   This is my "monster month" of training before the marathon, but I also want to keep an eye on my energy levels.  Over training/under recovering now isn't better for me than dropping all my hard training and coasting into the marathon.

And with that, it's time to head out the door for my first run as a 28-year-old.