Sunday, August 8, 2010

Complete

One 20 miler down, two to go!  It was not everything it could have been in terms of speed (I finished in 3:14- about a 9:45 min/mile pace), but I felt strong the whole way.  Actually, it was really just the uphill miles on the bike path that drug my overall pace down.  I ran the 1st and 20th miles at exactly 9:30 min/mile pace.  Much slower than I *hope* to go on race day, but it seems slightly more respectable to be half way between 9 and 10 minute miles than closer to the 10 side.  In any case, it was a beautiful day.  The weather was cooler and not very humid (For everyone who just got jealous, remember that when you have 60s in the February, here it's -6). I can only hope the weather for the 1/2 marathon in two weeks will be as nice.

After a brief chill out period, we left home, did some errands, and drove out the the Sugar Maple music festival.  We saw a few people perform, Daniel did some jamming, I did some relaxing and finished my book.


Highly recommended to all you mystery lovers.

Then we came back to see our friend's band play.  We didn't really know what kind of music to expect, but they mostly did cover songs, which was a lot of fun.  Although 20 miles + dancing from 9:30 to 11:30 pm = one tired Chelsea and made me pretty glad that it's thunder storming this morning and my easy 5 miler just couldn't happen.

I'm still in love with my new camera (and finally uploaded some pictures this morning).  These would have never turned out with my old one.

 Yes, that is a giant squid attacking the Statue of Liberty on Daniel's shirt.

 Rocking out.

I feel like it's 2005, and I should make this my Facebook profile picture.