Saturday, August 28, 2010

Could I schedule some cool weather for Saturday, please?

Well, I wasn't nervous about doing 20 yesterday, but that has sure changed.  I had a number of anxiety dreams last night including one where I was taking a shower in "my parents' remodeled bathroom".  Unfortunately they had remodeled the shower to be in the middle of a garden, and I chose to take a shower while a formal tea was being held in the garden.  And I really had to go to the bathroom. Weird.

But I'm up, I just had the last swig of coffee, all my electronics are charged, my route is planned to minimize any possible interactions with parents who are moving their kids into the dorms, and I'm ready to get dressed and head out the door.

We've had beautiful, cool weather for the last week (it even dipped into the high 40's over Wednesday night/ Thursday morning).  However, we're back to almost 70 at 5:30am today.  I know it's not that hot, but I'd way rather do a 20 miler at 50 degrees than at 70.  I guess it'll make the race feel easier because it will definitely be cooler by the beginning of October.

And that's pretty much that.  The rest of the day will be mainly chores and errands, but I do have a massage scheduled to get rid of the post-race, post-20 gunk hanging around in my legs.  Not always relaxing while it's happening but it sure feels good when I'm done.

Have a great Saturday.  Good luck to everyone doing long runs this weekend.