Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Things are looking up

Three things I'm happy about:

1. Work was much better yesterday, and my stress level has gone from 80% freaking out down to my normal 30%. I got a lot done toward the revision of the tables for our paper, and using the new method isn't going to change our introduction or discussion so hopefully we are still on track to get things out. I just need to check on one more thing before I take my results to my supervisor, get stuff approved, and start re-writing the methods and results sections. Whew.

2. We are one more day toward our countdown to warmer weather. Right now it's 0 with a windchill of -14, but starting Saturday it's going to be a (slushy, muddy) tropical paradise with highs in the 30s and maybe even up to 40.

I'd totally make these melting snowman cupcakes to
celebrate the first thaw of 2011. 

3. I had a good piano lesson last night.  I haven't written much about playing the piano on the blog, but I've been taking lessons for a  year now, and what I play is finally starting to sound more like music and less like notes.  My piano teacher (who is actually my age) said I'm almost ready to move up a book in series we're working through from "late elementary" to "early intermediate".  It's like moving from 5th grade to 6th grade again without all the drama.

Hope warmer weather is headed your way, too.