Monday, February 14, 2011

Get out of posting free card

Happy Valentine's Day and a Happy Birthday shout out to J.


Yep, I'm turning it in.  I do have an excused absence for Saturday because Friday evening we drove up to Minneapolis, attended a Sacred Harp singing all day Saturday, and turned around and drove back to Madison Saturday evening.

Yesterday I was wiped out from a)Not sleeping well last week and b)The trip (MPLS is about 5 hours from Madison once you include stops) and my computer shoulder was hurting so I put off posting and enjoyed a walk in above-freezing weather instead.

I'm excited about starting my new training plan for the Shamrock Shuffle*.  There's a little precipitation in the forecast but it looks like it's going to be warm and nice all week.  It pains me a little to "waste" a nice morning going to the gym to lift (it's 40 but windy so it feels like 30), but I can walk home this afternoon to enjoy the sun and warm weather.  I've decided that I'm going to try the RLRF plan for my two spring races with the idea that I'm going to try to hit the goal paces but not get too bent out of shape if I don't.  If it really feels like too much, I'll back off, but I want to at least try.

And now I leave you with an important lesson I learned this weekend: It is possible to put too many chocolate chips in a chocolate chip recipe**.  

*Which I will hopefully get to run.  The Madison 1/2, the Syttende Mai, and Crazy Legs have all become casualties to other commitments.  Now I have a possible church conflict with Shamrock.  Am I going to get to do any races this year??    

**And you can make (very non-photogenic) chocolate chip cookies in a crock pot!