Sunday, February 27, 2011

Making it through

Alas, I would have had a much better time running with these ladies yesterday, but I did get my act together for 8.2 cold, slow, slippery miles around campus.  I had good intentions of sticking it out for 10, but honestly this run was not a lot of fun.  By the time I was at 7mi, I was starting to get cold spots on my face and my IT band and hip were hurting from slipping on ice (even with my grippers) and I decided that was reason enough to finish up and go inside.

Proof that living green things and sun do exist.
BUT the weather is looking better this week- highs in the 30s and lows in the 20s with some snow/rain mixed in.  Hopefully we've seen the last of "feels like 3" for the season.*  My first spring race is in two weeks and I'd like to get in at least one more quality workout outside before that.  Today is a rest day, and I'm planning to get in some yoga this afternoon.

Hope you have a relaxing Sunday, all.

*I keep saying things like that, and I keep being WRONG.