Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Garden Insanity

Whew, it's been a busy two days at work, but I'm going to take a little breather this afternoon to post on here.

Today:

Distance: 5mi
Type: Tempo
Time: 25:03
Pace: 9min/mile

This was much better than my tempo run from last week where I pretty much ran myself into the ground. My first two miles were right around 8:35 and my last mile was at 8:18. A little fast on the last mile, but it was nice to pick it up.

Yesterday:

Distance: 4mi
Type: Easy
Time: 39:18
Pace: 9:50

We got a lot of good garden clean up work done this past weekend. I knew it was going to be bad, and I was kind of hoping we'd find this



rather than the tons of volunteer tomato plants and blooming broccoli that were taking over. We had fewer tomatoes this week but we have a lot of carrots and random squash that are ready to harvest. I'm not even sure how to cook some of the squash we grew. Patty pan squash anyone?