Friday, September 11, 2009

Regular Day, Easy Run

I had a nice easy run again this morning. 5mi in about 49 minutes. It's easy to for me to get in a funk and say, "Well, I was running my easy runs at a 9 min mile this time last year," but because my tempo pace isn't really that different I'm going to give myself the benefit of the doubt and say I've just gotten better at running my easy runs truly easy.

Tomorrow I'm doing another short run to try to test out my 5k pace for my next race. I don't think I mentioned it but I'm planning to run The Zoo Run Run 5k on the 20th. I doubt I'll register for it until the morning of, but that's at least the plan. Anyway, I have no idea what my pace for the race should be so I'm going to do a 2mi time trial tomorrow to develop some realistic goals for my performance. Ultimately I'm doing it more to see where my fitness is and because I haven't raced in awhile, but hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Work has been relatively calm these last couple days. I even got to read a couple interesting papers about regression to the mean this morning. And it looks like the first paper I worked on was accepted- with revisions- to a journal. Very exciting.

Also, my parents are coming this weekend. Hopefully they are having safe, fun journey down from Minneapolis as we speak.