Friday, September 25, 2009

Concerned white people, I give you your king



I wish I could take credit for that one, but it was all D.

Last night we went to hear Michael Pollan of The Omnivore's Dilemma fame. The most controversial thing about the whole talk was how long all the introductions went on (there were three, ugh). Basically he said not to eat junk food and a bunch of other stuff to make an already smug audience fell a little smug-er. Except the girl sitting next to me who was salivating over the Froot Loops and Pop Tarts he brought to show us what not to eat. I actually think the most interesting thing he said was that he let's himself eat all the junk food he wants, the only requirement is that he has to make it himself. Seems like a pretty good rule to live by if you ask me.

The only problem was that chancellors of UW Madison (ahem) like to hear themselves talk waaaayyyy too much, and we didn't get out until after the bus switched from the 15-minute schedule to the 45-minute schedule so we had to walk all the way home and didn't get in until about 10pm.

Then my body decided to thank me with a 4:45am wake up call. Normally I get up at 5am so it's not like it was that early, but I hate it when my body (read, bladder) tells me that on no uncertain terms that I am NOT going to coast through the next 15 minutes.

I got up and went to the gym for 45 min elliptical and weights. Nothing super exciting there. I'm glad to have weights done so I don't have it hanging over my head this afternoon. My original plan was to do it this morning because D had a school picnic, but that's been moved to next week because it's raining. Maybe I'll go chill out and watch the marching band if it's nice out or do some yoga or reading if it's not.

Tomorrow will (hopefully) be the UW game vs. Michigan State. Our plan is to try to find some cheap-o tickets after the game starts, but I checked online and they still have some to sell at the box office. I want to go to at least one game sometime, but it's hard for me to justify forking over $46 for a game I don't really have a personal investment in.