Monday, September 6, 2010

Week in Review - The Let's All Say "Yay" for Cooler Weather Edition

YAY!



I definitely hit a low point in the middle of the week, but my runs Thursday and Saturday totally made up for it.

M- Strength and yoga.  Starting to feel a little "off" but pushed through my workout.
T- 8mi with 1mi-2mi-1mi at 10k pace.  Didn't hit 10k pace because it was super hot and humid but I put it all out there even though I wasn't feeling awesome.  Not sure if I should be proud of that because I spent the rest of the day feeling like

And then doing this

for 11 hours.

Don't you wish napping was still that easy?

W- I took off.  It was really really weird to take a shower without being sweaty.  Do you ever feel like you have to earn a shower?  I do.
R- Really awesome run where my body just naturally hit marathon goal pace for a bunch of miles.  Yoga to relax after the not-so-greatest day at work.
F- Strength.
S- 16 mi in 2:27.  This is the run I've been waiting for all summer long.  9:12 min/mile average pace.  Fiiiiiinally a run that reassures me that doing 26.2 at 8:45 min/mile is not crazy out of the question.  The weather for this run was fabulous.  As long as I can get an order of 50 degrees on Oct 3, I think I'm in business.
U- 6.5 easy and yoga.

This is my last "big" week of running.  I have my last 20 miler this Saturday, and- knock on wood- am feeling great.   I just have to get through the next 26.5 days without doing anything stupid.