Thursday, September 16, 2010

Getting in on the freebie action

It seems like one of the biggest perks to being a "famous" blogger is that companies send you free stuff to try out all the time.  No one came knocking on my door, but I filled out an online application and am now a wear tester for Brooks.  I've actually been running in the shoes for about two weeks, but I wasn't sure if I was supposed to tell anyone about it.  Well, now they've sent me a wear tester running shirt and bag, so I guess if I'm allowed to plaster their logo all over my body and wear it around, I can mention it online.

Here's the shirt (which fits!  yay!), bag and shoes.

I think the logo is pretty cute with the little toes on the side of the W.

The shoes the next version of the Glycerins, the same style I always wear.  Here's a somewhat closer-up:
My instructions when I got them were to fill out an online survey before I wore then and then to wear them as much as possible.  No problem there.  I don't know yet if I'll have to send them back at the end of the testing period so they can pulverize them and spin them in the centrifuge or whatever they do to test how well the materials held up.

I'll refrain from making any comments about them right now other than to say "thanks" to Brooks for the loan of the shoes and that the wear testing program is open to anyone.  Just fill out the online application and see if you get picked.