Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 5: The Heat is On

And I don't mean the song



Just wanted to see if I could figure out how to do that.

But yeah, the heating system for all the university apartments gets turned on when someone pulls a giant switch in late September or early October, and- after a couple nights that dipped into the low 40s or high 30s- it got turned on yesterday.  I kinda missed that crackly/poppy/xylophone sound of the radiator doing it's thing.

This will be my first run with mittens.  I've decided that I'm going to get a cheapo pair to wear and possibly discard during the race.  I've had the pair that I wear now since before Daniel and I got married, but- even though they're kind of falling apart- I have a bit of an emotional attachment to them, and I don't want to toss them out on the course.

I still haven't hit taper madness yet.  My long run on Saturday was great.  12 miles at a 9:07min/mile pace with a few miles right around race pace.  Sunday was an easy 5mi.  Yesterday I did yoga (super easy yoga that I do all the time so I *hopefully* won't do anything too strenuous or tweak anything).  And today is 6.5 with 3mi marathon pace.

Unfortunately my appetite hasn't figured out that I'm not running as much yet.  I'm trying not to worry *too* much about it and focus on eating healthy stuff.  Now's certainly not the time to cut back, but I don't want to feel icky on race day either.

So much to think about...