Friday, October 16, 2009

Pampered Friday

Woohoo, it's Friday!!!

I had a nice easy 4 mi run and got my weight circuit out of the way this morning. This was important because I have a hair appointment late this afternoon. This might seem strange (or maybe not) but I absolutely love getting my hair washed. OMG. When we get rich and famous and are on Cribs (does that show still exist?) I will make sure to feature my personal hair washer. Definitely the highlight of my afternoon.

Yesterday was a pretty full day, too. I had an eye appointment to get some new lenses in my glasses. I had new lenses put in awhile ago, but I HATED them because I always felt like my depth perception was way off. I guess the lenses had been set to two different prescriptions and were pretty different from my contacts, so I'm getting them replaced with lenses with the same prescription as my contacts. I don't wear glasses that much, but I feel like I need to have a working pair in case I can't wear them for some reason. Oh yeah, and my prescription changed- again. Aren't I getting a little old for this?

What else??? We went to listen to Judy Faulkner, the CEO of a humongous medical software company outside of Madison give a talk yesterday. However, we were told that it was a private talk and we'd get in big trouble if the contents of the talk ended up on the internet. So I guess I can't say much except that it was interesting and we enjoyed it.

Also... last thing and then I need to make myself useful. On Wednesday, the thing that I'd feared but managed to avoid for the last year and two months happened. I ended up in the shower room at the same time as my boss. It wasn't my fault because I was already in there when she came in. There was no eye contact, though, so it wasn't too weird. I hightailed it out of there (which I do normally) and it wasn't as horrible as it could have been.

Okay, enough blathering. I hope everyone has a good weekend!