Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First spin of fall 2009

I went to my first spin class with the UW tri team this morning. I have never nor do I have any interest in doing a triathlon, but I like spinning, and the club class is waaaaayyyy harder than the classes offered by the gym.

The only negative to the gym is that it's been sooooo cold in the locker room in the morning. I'm sure I've described the fun that is bathing at the gym before, but it involves treaking into a huge shower room (no curtains, leave your modesty at the door), washing as fast as possible before your the water starts getting cold, and then going out to claim what is hopefully "your" towel from the railing. And the towels... seriously... the school must have gotten them at a discount from Guantanamo because they violated the Geneva Convention. (Full disclosure: I've been working on that one for awhile). They are tiny and thin (but always clean- I'll give them that).

The other exciting thing today is my coworkers and I are planning to go to the Original Pancake House for lunch. I don't know if it's the moon or the tides or some other monthly phenomenon, but I'm beyond excited about this. I did, however, make one concession to my health and ate my lunch for breakfast. I did fine with my Trader Joe's Indian Fare paneer and vegetables, but salad at 8:30am is honestly pretty gross. Oh well.