Friday, October 16, 2009

101 in 1001

After reading about this idea at The Simple Dollar and on Special K, I decided to make a 101 in 1001 list myself.

I used SAS to do something useful for the first time ever and figured out what 1001 days from now comes out to be:

data time;
set data;
later=today()+1001;
format later weekdate29.;
run;

proc print data=time;
var later;
run;

Obs later
1 Friday, July 13, 2012

(little glimpse into my daily life there)

To which I said, "Eeeek- I can't be done on Friday the 13th!" Because I only finished the last this afternoon, I'm giving myself one extra day, and my real due date will be Saturday, July 14, 2012.

Also, if you count the items, there's only 97. I decided to give myself some leeway to add on additional items as I think of them. I'm also allowing myself to change an item if I'm really not into it or it really doesn't apply and there's something else that's a much better fit down the road. But I can't replace something like "host a large dinner" with "tie shoelaces". It has to be an "in-kind" swap.

The last thing to note is that some of these things may seem a little scary to some people who may or may not read this blog anymore. The important thing to keep in mind is that on July 14, 2012 I will be ALMOST 30.

Without further ado, my 101 in 1001.