Wednesday, August 12, 2009

La Florida

Hi everyone! I've been getting off track with my plan to update every Sunday because I've had some pretty full weekends lately. Hopefully that makes for more interesting- if less frequent- posts.

Fitness
Last week was a big running week for me.

M- 5mi easy
T- 6mi with hill repeats
W- XT
R- 6mi progressive tempo
F- 4mi easy
S- 10 hot miles. I was back in FL, and I am not used to the heat and humidity. The last two miles were pretty rough, but I made it through with the help of my mom who biked along with me. Never doubt the motivational power of having company on a long run.
Su- 3mi easy

I only got in two upper body workouts and a few days of push-ups last week. This week is a cut-back for running, but I'm going to be back on track with lifting and pushups (and eating- mmmmm TooJay's chocolate coconut cake).

Food
I got my fresh fish and seafood fix when I was in Florida last weekend. I know you can get the fresh stuff up here, but it's just not the same.

When I got back on Monday, I was welcomed by lots of ripe tomatoes:



I picked 13 ripe ones and only had to chunk two of them out because they had rotten spots. And I don't think that was really a waste because they made a very satisfying splat.

I've already given a few away, and we are having people over for dinner tonight so fresh salsa is on the menu. Plus broccoli, but I'm so over that right now. Just call us the vegetable pushers.

Fun
The reason I went back to FL this weekend was to see my baby brother graduate from UCF. I don't have any good pictures of the graduate, but here's a really unflattering one.



Just to be fair, here's a bad one of me:



A shark ate my other arm. That's why you can't see it. This picture just proves that I am infact a Florida girl, even though I reside north of what some people (my dad) consider the arctic circle (I-40).

Anyway... obviously we went to the beach. There were tons of sea turtle nests:



And we saw a really cute little ghost crab, but I didn't have my camera. :(.

Otherwise we played Euchre, saw Julie and Julia (very cute, I highly recommend it) and at chocolate cake (well, I ate chocolate cake), which is pretty much an ideal weekend for me.

Hope all is well out there in Blogland. Hopefully I'll be back on track with Sunday posting this Sunday.