Sunday, August 30, 2009

Chicago

No run today so I thought I'd give a little update on our Chicago trip. D. was helping out with a conference and I tagged along to do some sightseeing.

We got there last Sunday afternoon and had Ghiradelli ice cream sundaes for my birthday.



Nom, nom, nom, nom.

Then we hit Navy Pier for some ferris wheel action.

I actually took this photo. Very artsy, if I say so myself.



It was only slightly terrifying.

The next day I hit up the Lincoln Park zoo.



This is a sea lion getting its teeth brushed (and then rewarded with a fish- not sure how well that works).

And on a skyline boat tour on the Chicago river.



I took that one, too. I'm on a roll here!

The next day I went to the Museum of Science and Industry. One of my favorite exhibits was the Smart Home.



They also had this cute little R2D2 mailbox outside.



Monday and Tuesday mornings I got in a short run along a popular walk, run, bike, swim path along Lake Michigan. Nice views, but it was super crowded- even at 7am, which should miss most of the "before work" crowd and the tourists.



You would not catch me in that water. Those people are wearing wet suits!

And that's about it for Chicago other than tromping around the Miracle Mile area. Fun, fun, fun. I really enjoy Chicago!