- The race was surprisingly well organized. When I drove up it looked like total chaos, but picking up my race bib and bag was really fast and easy.
- GOTR is a great organization. I did dance and softball when I was in elementary school, but I'm sure I wouldn't have been motivated to run/walk 3 whole miles- especially not in the cold rain- at that age.
- Picking off one elementary schooler after another going up the second hill.
- Beating everyone under the age of 12, which exceeded my original race goal of beating everyone under the age of 8.
- Checking "5k" off my list of race distances for the year.
- The fact that my old 5k PR was so slow that even in nasty conditions I was able to eke out a tiny PR.
- The weather. Two cold, rainy races in a row is enough for me. I'm going for just cold at the Berbee Derby.
- The start was kind of chaotic, but I was able to sort of sprint out in front of it.
- My time: 24:07. Rain, cold, hill, not my day, whatever. I've decided the nice thing about having run 9 races so far this year (I will finish 2010 with 10, woot!) is that I don't have to care that much about any individual race. I have confidence that I can run in the low 23 range but not with 10 extra lbs of weight from soaked clothes and shoes.