Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 6/30: It was a dark and stormy day

It's only November, but I already want to bust out the SAD lamp.  That could be me over there, blinded not just by my computer screen but by a giant lamp that's supposed to make me HAPPY despite the fact that I haven't seen the sun in two months.

Actually, I did get to see the sun yesterday on a beautiful but chilly long run.  I slept in a bit, and this was the first run I've done without a headlamp since the beginning of October.

It was so good that I took the long way home around campus and added an extra mile (and you know I'm not normally an "add a little extra on my long run" type of gal).  I ended up with 15 miles at a 9:23 min/mile average pace.  I was so happy not to see any of the slloooowwwww times from my warm up and cool down miles from during the week.  Plus my hands were extra happy because I doubled up with gloves and mittens.  Note to self: Your hands will probably never be too hot.

This should be a busy week but I'm looking forward to the long weekend.  Jess asked if I was planning to stay paleo through the holidays.  The answer is- yes.  We aren't traveling so I can make and eat whatever I want for Thanksgiving without any issues.  We are having an early Thanksgiving with friends tomorrow night, and I'm going to do the best I can without driving anyone crazy.  So basically no cheezy potatoes (because of the cheezy, not because of the potatoes), but I'm not going to freak if the turkey is basted with butter.  I'm cooking for our church's International Thanksgiving dinner, and that won't be paleo.

Long weekend coutdown: 3 days.  Have a good Monday, all.