Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 4/30: Better

This has nothing to do with the post,
but I thought it was kind of cute.  My other
option was a picture of a bulldog with an icepack on its head.
I'm happy to report that Wednesday's maladies seem to have been data driven.  Like I said, I started working on a project using a data set that has- in the past- caused me great distress.  I was really really worried because I was supposed to recreate an analysis based on reading a paper and without having access to the original coding or data used.  As of Wednesday afternoon, it was not working.  However, I was able to come in fresh on Thursday morning, go step by step through everything, and had a great celebration to get up and go to the bathroom and get a drink of water at about 10:30am when I got results within about 0.1 of what was shown in the paper. What a relief.  Needless to say, everything felt better and more relaxed for the rest of the day.

Do you have a ritual or way to "celebrate" mini accomplishments when you are working on a big project?

It's Friday and I'm headed to the gym.  This should be a pretty chilled out weekend.  I need to do some grocery shopping and cooking for us and (later) cooking for our church's international Thanksgiving Dinner.