Thursday, November 25, 2010

Berbee Derby

I'm thankful for so many things that getting into detail would make me late for the race this morning :).  Right now it's not supposed to be as cold as I'd feared (read: I need to sneak back in the bedroom and grab my capris rather than wearing my hard core tights from earlier in the week).  We are not going anywhere or doing anything special for Thanksgiving so I'll probably be back to on give a race recap and some "I'm so thankful" gushing.  You know you guys like that stuff :).

I don't really have any goals for this race.  I ran the 10k two years ago, and I remember the course was a short uphill followed by a long downhill followed by a hard core uphill at the end.  I ran a heartbreaking 50:01 that year (on my quest to break 50 min in the 10k).  This year I have two sub-50 10k, and it would be cool to run a third.  My B goal is to come back with my fingers and toes in tact after having to stand around outside.  It's hard to make Thanksgiving dinner with gangrene :)

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!