Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 3/30 - Ambivalent

Just to be clear, the whole "who needs bread?" thing from two days ago was mostly a joke on me scarfing down mayonnaise like it was going out of style.  I don't actually think that- for most people- there's anything wrong with eating bread, rice, dairy, etc.  that I'm experimenting with cutting out of my diet.  I don't think that anyone thought that I was trying to say that, but I wanted to make it clear :).

Yesterday was the first day I felt "different" although everything could be explained by things unrelated to diet.  My run was slow, but not any slower than other slow runs I've had before.  I felt "off" in the afternoon at work, but I was starting a new project that involves a data set that always strikes fear and procrastination in my heart.  I thought I was going to die of an acute hot chocolate deficiency after dinner, but who hasn't had a chocolate craving? and the feeling went away once I was distracted. This morning's run was slow on the easy parts, but I hit my normal tempo pace for the 4.5mi of tempo in the middle.  

On the plus side, and really at least 75% of the reason I'm doing this, I haven't had any stomach upset/issues since I've started.  We had a pizza lunch at work yesterday, and even though they had my favorite kind it actually wasn't that hard to turn it down.  As much as I like the taste, it is one food I know makes me feel not so great after I eat it, and I was much happier (especially in the hours after lunch) visiting with everyone but eating my own food.  And no one really noticed or cared.