Saturday, November 6, 2010

Diary of a Wimpy Runner

I really can't complain because it's November, and I haven't seen so much as a flurry of snow, but still... it's getting chilly out again.  I have toughened up a lot since my days running in Florida.  Back then if I saw it was 27 degrees out, I would deem it "way too cold" and go back to sleep.  Now 27 degrees means "put on capris because it's still a bit too warm for pants".  Still got some time before my long run route looks like this again.
For those Midwesterners/ New Englanders who are totally unimpressed that I am so impressed with winter... too bad!
While my core temperature is okay on all my runs, my hands got pretty cold during my long run today.  Time to bust out the second layer of glove/mitten action and maybe even the Hot Hands.  Unless someone wants to get me a pair of these for Christmas.

Just kidding... if I fell in the snow these babies would probably electrocute me.  Plus I bet they are made out of lead.
 My goal- as it is every winter- is to keep running outside as much and as long as I can.  I know at some point I'm going to have to take my speed and tempo runs inside, but I'll wait until my innate wimpy-ness kicks.  You know it's nasty out when the treadmill starts looking really appealing.  

Well, gotta go!  It's time to make dinner.