Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Potpourri

There's been a lot of cooking and eating our our house lately.  I can't say enough good things about Eat, Drink and Be Vegan (except that very few recipes are posted online, and I'm not inclined to take the time to type them up).  All the Cooking Light recipes can be found on the website and in the latest issue.

Salad from the garden

Herbed Ricotta Tart (Cooking Light)


Polenta casserole (E,D and be V)

Broccoli Cashew Teriyaki Tofu Stir-Fry (E,D and be V)

Summer Vegetable Frittata (Cooking Light)

Sweet and Sour Chipotle Tempeh with Sweet Potatoes (E,D and be V)

Cocoa-coconut Chili (E,D and be V)

Avocado and Pinto Bean Enchiladas (E,D, and be V)


 Walnut, White Bean and Spinach Phyllo Rolls (E,D and be V)

They didn't explode, yay!

And running?  I had my first marathon training speed workout yesterday: 2x(3x800) at 10k pace (7:40) with 90 sec rest between each interval and 5 min rest between each set.  My 1/2 mile paces were: 7:45 (I'm always slow on the 1st interval)
7:32
7:31
7:31
7:37
7:59 (Blame this one on construction that turned my road into a MoonWalk with pot holes)