Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's been a long 12 hours without air conditioning

Starting last night being eaten by mosquitoes at volleyball despite being coated with a layer of bug spray and sand like a breaded chicken breast and ending with Bikram's treadmill running at the un-airconditioned gym this morning.  Fun fact: 2 out of the 3 campus gyms don't have AC.  Sandwiched in the middle I had a great night's sleep, soothed by the fan blowing on high, poring rain, and thunder.  My only hope is that we will in fact get on a plane at 11:36 and make it through Minneapolis to Seattle without weather delays.  I'm afraid I squandered the only "nice" weather we're having all day at the gym because I was- with good reason IMHO- cautious about going out to run when my area was under a tornado warning, a severe weather warning, a flood warning, and a flash flood warning.  Then- according to channel 5 at the gym- 6-8am was our only break and everything is going downhill from here.  Yeesh.  And memo to the Nat- those fans you have up for show aren't blowing on any of the treadmills.  Maybe they are providing an important service to the recumbent bike area, but I could have used a little air circulation this morning.

Okay, rant over.  With any luck I won't be posting for the next couple days because I'll be conferencing in Seattle.