Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Rain, rain, go away

When I woke up this morning, it was raining so hard I was thinking I'd have to run on the treadmill.  If you were a reader back in January and February, you know that I do enough treadmill running in those two months to last all year.  Luckily I think it's lightened up enough to go outside.  I don't mind getting a little wet, but I'm not going to be drowned to get in an easy 6-miler.

My 6 miles easy with 5x hill repeats yesterday was good.  I don't have any lingering soreness that felt like it could develop into something worse, but slow definitely felt like the right speed to go.  I know even though I don't feel particularly sore or tired, I'm still recovering from the race.

Last night we had leftovers for dinner and then played our first volleyball match.  I was trying to find a picture to add in here, but guess what?  When you Google "volleyball" (and don't even get me started on "beach volleyball") you get a lot of hyper-sexualized images.  And one picture of a volleyball.  Nothing even remotely appropriate!  Do I hear a collective "Um, of course" echoing from the blogosphere?  Well, it came as a surprise to me at 5:45 this morning.

But back to our game: It was My Arms Hurt Real Bad (my team) vs The Navy Seamen.  The weather was beautiful and the sand felt great on my bare feet.  And guess what?  I'm better at volleyball at 27 than I was at 13.  Not much better, but I hit the ball over the net a few times, and I even managed 2 successful serves (unfortunately that was after the official playing time was over and we were just goofing around).  Anyway, we were close on the first game, won the second, and lost big time on the third one.  I'm looking forward to our game next week, but I need to practice- especially serving.

Well, I'm off to run.  Have a great Wednesday, all!