Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday SUNday SUNDAY!

It's 8:30 and I need to check on D and see what we're doing about church this morning. He had to work late last night, and I don't know if he's planning to be up and moving for church in an hour.

I did an easy 3 this morning in preparation for my 5k this evening. I realized last night that the race starts at 7PM not AM, which makes a lot more sense because they give out ice cream at the end of the race (it's called the Cherry Garcia). Hopefully I will not be too hot/tired. I'm not really an afternoon/evening runner but we'll see how it goes. I'd really like to hit right around or under 25min, but I don't want to get too bummed if it doesn't go my way. Today would normally be a rest day for me, but I feel pretty zippy because I've kept my milage down these last few days. Hopefully it will translate into a good race. And even if it's not, I just have to suffer for less than a 1/2 hour and I get to eat ice cream at the end. How can anyone complain about that? Actually, this race is put on by the same group who did the Unser 10k where I and plenty of other people got lost, so I will complain if they manage to lose me on a 5k course.

I'll post a race report later this evening or tomorrow morning. Wish me luck :).